Wooden blinds are one of the various types of window blinds available, and are also one of the most beautiful. They offer better insulation than traditional blinds, and a selection of colours are available, with one of the options being white wooden blinds. Click on the link to read more on window blinds. It is important to be wary of very cheap wooden blinds, as this can indicate poor quality. If you have or are looking to buy wooden blinds, the following information will be of use to you.
Advantages Of Wooden Blinds
If you’re wondering why you should choose to install wooden blinds, the following points on the benefits of wooden blinds might help you in making your decision:
- Wooden window blinds are strong and can handle a lot of wear and tear.
- They are easy to dust, wipe down or vacuum.
- The treatment used to treat the wood enables the wooden blinds to handle moisture and harsh sunlight.
- They are very visually appealing and show style, by adding a very elegant, natural look to a room.
- They can block unwanted light from entering the room and give you privacy.
- They are a modern alternative to curtains.
Types of Wooden Blinds
There are different types of wooden blinds available, and we’ll mention a few of those types below.
- Wooden venetian blinds: This term refers to wooden blinds that have thin, horizontal and adjustable slats that overlap when they are closed. Veneitan blinds are popular because they effectively allow you to control the amount of light and air that enters the room, by simply pulling the adjusting cords.
- Bamboo wooden blinds: These have a unique colour and texture to them, and the more unique the pattern and texture, the higher the price. They are the eco-friendly option, as bamboo plants, compared to forests, do not take long to grow. They operate with a roller and roll up cord, and are easy to maintain.
- Wooden vertical blinds: Wooden blinds which have vertical slats. They are ideal for rooms where you need to be able to control the amount of light that enters the room.
Maintaining Wooden Blinds
If wooden blinds are not properly maintained and cared for, they can rot or become disfigured. The manufacturer of the blinds will be able to give you the best cleaning and maintenance methods for your specific blinds, but below are a list of general maintenance tips:
- It’s important to vacuum them whenever dust accumulates. This is safer and more thorough than using water. However, it is important to note that you should use a soft brush head, or else you could scratch the wood.
- Should there be a bit of dirt that won’t come off one of the slats, then it is best to use a soft cloth, so as to not damage the wood. Also, always try to wipe in the direction of the slats and be careful not to apply to much force as you may damage the wood.
- If you are unable to remove dirt marks with a dry, soft cloth, then it is possible to use a wood cleaner. Do not use any cleaner that is not suitable for wood.
Wooden Blind Specialists
QC Blinds are a window blind shop, supplier and installer. We are specialists in the industry, and have been selling high quality blinds (interior and exterior) at good prices for years.
Let us come to your premises, where we’ll evaluate and measure to determine what the best blinding solution for you will be, before you order. Contact us online for free advice or an online quote. Whether you need bamboo, vertical or venatian wooden blinds, we can offer you the best ready-made wooden blinds.
Also visit QC Shutters for all your shutter needs.